|Roseamanelle Ouka Barsburg||Relationships||History||Trivia|
|Roseamanelle Ouka Barsburg|
ロゼアマネル・オウカ・バルスブルグ Rozeamaneru Ouka Barusuburugu
Ouka with her Fyulong dragon, Kururu.
A fake (calling herself)
Master, my master (by Raphael)
Little lady (by Frau)
Neechan (by Capella)
|Weight||Estimated 43 kg|
|Relatives||46 other clones (deceased)|
Wolfram Eifeler Barsburg (father)
Dalia Barsburg (mother)
Granne Barsburg (aunt)
Teito Klein/Wahrheit Teito Klein
Other members of the Barsburg Family
|Occupation||Empress of the Barsburg Empire  |
Host of the Eye of Raphael
|Affiliation||Barsburg Empire |
The Raphael Project (formerly)
|Manga||Kapitel 19 (flashback) |
Kapitel 36 (mentioned only)
Roseamanelle Ouka Barsburg, often known as simply Ouka, is the current Empress-to-be of the Barsburg Empire and the current host of the Eye of Raphael. She is the only major female character, and one of the few recurring female characters, in the series.
Ouka is first introduced as a princess who has run away from home to escape her unhappy home life, and who wants to become a doctor. Later in the series, it was revealed that as a child, her original body died in an experiment on the Eye of Raphael, and her soul was moved by Karu into a vessel that the scientists conducting the experiment had made. Ouka was then brainwashed and forced to attack the kingdom of Raggs, but overcame the brainwashing years later with the help of Teito and the Eye of Mikhail.
Ouka (桜花) is Japanese for cherry blossom. It is also the name of an attack aircraft used in WW2, fitting the trend of those related to the military having war ships, planes etc. as their names (like Ayanami, Hyuuga, Wakaba etc.)
The "Ou" in Ouka (王) can mean king, while the "Tei" in Teito (帝) means emperor, despite Ouka being the one belonging to an empire and Teito a kingdom. When put together, "Teiou" (帝王) means emperor or sovereign.
In French, 'elle' means 'she', and can also be a variant of 'Elizabeth', which means 'God is my promise'.
'Bars' is a German word that has the same meaning in English. 'Burg' means 'castle'.
|This character has made at least one appearance where they are the focus of a shot.|
|This character has made at least one background appearance.|
|This character makes no appearance, but is mentioned by name or title.|
|This character makes no appearance, and is not mentioned by name or title|
- 'I just want to love anyone from my heart.' (manga chapter 48, page 17)
- 'I do not love anything about that troublesome world.' (manga chapter 48, page 15)
- 'It's difficult for me to be honest with people I dislike.' (about one of her aunts, Kapitel 64)
- "You have to remember. How can you be honest with yourself if you don't know the reality of the world?" (to Teito when he had amnesia)
- 'Teito! Leave this place to me! Hurry and go!' (to Teito, Kapitel 90)
- Ouka dislikes spicy foods.
- She has a Fyulong companion like Teito, is the heir to the throne of her kingdom like him, and wields the Eye of Raphael, the counterpart to Teito's Eye of Mikhail. They also have the same birthday.
- Although completely lost in translation, she has a speech quirk very peculiar to her, speaking almost like an elderly samurai. Often using masculine ending particles like "zo", she speaks in a very archaic way that, despite what one may assume, has nothing to do with her being a princess; she speaks in regular keigo (respectful speech) while speaking to her fellow imperial military members, meaning her usual speech is something she adapted on her own.