The Hated One
|Number of pages||29|
Several unnamed women
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
The volume was released on the 24th of May 2008 in Japan. Its ISBN is 978-4-7580-5347-1.
Teito Klein wakes in a strange room in a Tavern and immediately tries to find Frau. He finds him downstairs, playing hide-and-seek with a group of women, and hits him when Frau mistakes him for one of the girls he is chasing. The tavern owner, Madame, greets Teito and reveals Frau had agreed to work in exchange for food and rest at the tavern. Hearing this, Teito and Capella offer to work too. All three adapt very quickly, and while peeling potatoes- Capella tells the others how his mother sold him into slavery and he admits that he misses his mother. Frau asks Capella if he wants to find his mother, and although Capella says he doesn't, Teito and Frau vow to help him find her.
As Capella is being spoilt by several women, Teito admires a painting of Marie on the wall. He sees her sitting at a table and watches as the Tavern owner sits in the same place and Marie walks through her. Teito realises Marie is another spirit, and guesses this is the reason Frau chose this particular tavern.
As the city of Baltos prepares for the plaza ball, Marie watches from the balcony. Frau happens upon her, and asks for her hand. Marie accepts, and she has one last dance with Frau, before Frau uses his Ghost power to free her soul- trapped on earth because of a Kor's wish made by her lover. After this, Marie's Lover, now a Wars and angry that Marie had been released, attacks Frau. The man goads Frau, thinking he cannot be harmed, but Frau unleashes Verloren's Scythe and devours him.
Characters in order of AppearanceEdit
Quotes from this ChapterEdit
- 'Ah ha ha! Where are the cute girls?!' (Frau, while playing with the hostesses)
- Hostesses: 'Eeeh, but this suits you so well! It's a promising future!' Teito: 'I don't know what you mean!!' (conversation between Teito and some hostesses who want him to crossdress, pg 4)
- 'I knew it. I had a feeling. Why did Frau choose this shop?' (Teito's thought, pg 16)
- 'A person forgiven by Heaven is given wings, but that fate only occurs once.' (Frau about Marie's lover, pg 23)
- 'You, and I will fall together to Hell.' (Frau to Marie's lover, pg 26)
- 'Very well then. Both of you show me your real power. Go and capture Teito Klein.' (Ayanami to Yukinami and Suzunami, pg 28)