|Number of pages||31|
|Cover Phrase||My soul cries out to you...|
|Cover Character(s)||Teito Klein |
|Anime counterpart||Episode 19|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
The volume was released on the 25th of May 2007 in Japan. Its ISBN is 978-4-7580-5290-0.
As the exam date gets closer, Ouida and Liam do all they can to make sure they are prepared, and visit the statue of Fest where people gather to pray. In the tower, Ouida explains to his younger brother that their bond must be strong for them to pass the exam- and they pray their bonds will never break.
Meanwhile, the battle between Castor, Ayanami and Kuroyuri, whom Castor has captured, continues, with Ayanami recognising Castor as the Ghost Fest. Castor takes advantage of the link between Kuroyuri and Ayanami, and uses it to interrogate and torture Ayanami, but Ayanami breaks the ropes holding Kuroyuri, and Kuroyuri then detonates his/her Warsfeil- which separates the two, allowing Kuroyuri to escape with Haruse, who is slowly being eaten by Labrador's flowers.
The funeral for Bastien goes on, despite the happenings in the Church and a nun suspects Frau to be one of the seven ghosts, but reconsiders when he (Frau) drops an adult magazine. Meanwhile, Teito rests after the battle with Bastien, and after a brief confrontation between Hakuren and Mikhail, the three Bishops come to visit them. Upon seeing Frau, Teito attacks him, furious that Frau was willing to let Teito kill him, and he (Teito) runs off upset. As Labrador looks up at the clouds, he tells the Bishops that 'they' are coming as the Black Hawks arrive at the border of the 7th District, ready to travel to Antwort for war. As Teito wanders around, a Wars suddenly appears, summoned by Kuroyuri, and devours him (Teito) and Hakuren, despite the Eye of Mikhail's and Frau's attempts to save him.
Quotes from this ChapterEdit
- "God doesn't exist in this world. All that exists are foolish humans." - Kuroyuri (Page 08)
- "...burdened with such a heavy thing..." - Hakuren, regarding the Eye of Mikhail (Page 18)
- "Your own conviction to protect your friends came through. You had a pure heart, so nothing about yourself has changed, right?" - Hakuren (Page 22)
- "It's all right if I kill you?! You don't know anything!! Who was it who told me to live?! You're selfish too! Aren't you running from the pain of your own loss!" - Teito to Frau about the latter saying that it's ok if he died by his hands (Page 24/25)
Characters in order of AppearanceEdit
Differences between the manga and animeEdit
- The anime version of the scene where Kuroyuri offers their blood to Haruse shows the exchange in a full body shot of both Black Hawks. In the manga, the implication is still there but only Kuroyuri's heels are drawn, indicating that Kuroyuri stood on tiptoes to perform the exchange.